- We are looking for caterer(s) who can affordably provide (or donate!) our lunches for 125 women for our GALentine’s Day Party.
Other Important Ways to Lead and Serve:
Mardi Bras VA – learn more here
- Collection Site – Every year around Mardi Gras – February and March
- Host collections of bras, underwear, pads and tampons for women who have a no/low/restricted income, are homeless or incarcerated.
- Leadership willing to take this to the next level!
- Volunteers to deliver, pick up, sort, etc.
Art and Recovery
- Join us on Monday mornings at 9:30 and 11 plus Monday nights at 6pm for a time of fellowship and art! Check out the schedule at Make! Creative Studio.
- Receive clothing requests and communicate with our partner, Caring Closet, to fill clothing needs.
- Make arrangements for pickups and deliveries, as necessary.
- Develop and lead fun-filled and sober/clean events, experiences and activities in partnership with community, churches, etc.
- Looking for volunteers to partner with ValleyStar to roll out additional financial services training and equipping.
- Also in need of space where we can host this training.
Furniture/Donations – pick-up and delivery
- One way we support the recovery community is helping our neighbors find furniture and other household goods for their independent living situations.
- Work with neighbor to define needs and make connections. Coordinate deliveries and pick-ups as necessary.
- Warehouse space for these items would be a great help, also.
Adopt a House
- Adopt a recovery house of men or women to provide for practical needs and move into relationship with the residents of the house.
- As relationships build, there may be ways to meet spiritual needs through Bible Studies, encouragement, etc.
- Collect gently used items for the residents
- twin sheets and comforters
- kitchen items like silverware (that always seems to disappear!), coffee cups, etc.
- coffee makers, crock pots and other simple appliances
Miss Marti’s House
- House Church – each Tuesday at 6:30pm, our spiritual family gathers as a New Testament style church, where we share a meal and study God’s Word just like the end of Acts 2.
If you are interested in serving, please contact us below.