What am I currently reading?
The Bible – Nehemiah and Acts, specifically.
Here’s a growing list of great books to read on missional lifestyle or if you are doing Christian Community Development. It’s just a start. There are many, many more!
- Restoring At-Risk Communities by John Perkins
- When Helping Hurts by Brian Fikkert and Steve Corbett
- *Compassion, Justice and the Christian Life: Rethinking Ministry to the Poor by Robert D. Lupton, 136pg
- *Beyond Charity: The Call to Christian Community Development by Dr. John M. Perkins, 192pg
- *Theirs is the Kingdom by Robert Lupton, 144pg
- *Communities First by Jay H Van Gronigen, 112pg
- *Real Hope in Chicago by Wayne L. Gordon and Randall Frame 224pg
- *Generous Justice by Tim Keller, 256pg
- *Reconciling All Things by Emmanuel Katongole & Chris Rice, 116 pg
- *Empowerment Toolkit by Mary Nelson, 96pg plus a dvd that came with it!!
- who is my neighbor? by Wayne Gordon
- Gospel-Centered Discipleship by Jonathan Dodson
- 7 by Jen Hatmaker
Richmond, VA Specific
- Richmond’s Unhealed History by Ben Campbell
- You are unemployed. Lost your house. A single parent..and only have $1000 in the bank. Can you make it to the end of the month? Check out this link… Feeling Spent?
- Could you live off of $438 a week? That’s the poverty level threshold for a family of 4 based on the US Census Data for 2011. Check out this link… Poverty Simulator