Into The Neighborhood is about loving God and loving your neighbor. It’s about living missionally, incarnationally, on mission. It’s about Christian Community Development. It’s how we do it. How others do it. And how you can do it. How we can all do it better.
Miss Marti’s House is the urban ministry of Into The Neighborhood. Marti’s blog (started in 2010) tells our story – how we ended up living just a 1/2 mile from the largest public housing complex between Baltimore and Atlanta. We will continue to share about our life and ministry in Southern Barton Heights in Richmond, Virginia. Please check it out here >>> Miss Marti’s House
We’d love to have you come to any of our gatherings, or help with homework or missional community, or anything else we have going on! What’s important…is loving your neighbor while building relationships. This is where we live out what we are advocating for here at Into The Neighborhood. Contact us if you would like to help! Here’s a list of upcoming activities…
- Every Tuesday from 6:30 – 8:30pm Missional Community
- AfterSchool Homework Neighborhood youth (aka Miss Marti’s Kids) drop by after school to work on their homework, read, work on flashcards, etc. (This isn’t real regular…but maybe it could be with some extra hands to help!)
- Date TBD from 10a – 12p Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- January 1, 2014 from 10a – 2p Annual New Year’s Day Community Pancake Brunch
- December 16th from 6:30p – 8:30pm 2nd Annual Christmas Caroling with Church in Restoration Youth Worship Team
- December 21 from 10a – 12noon Happy Birthday, Jesus! Christmas Party Santa always comes to celebrate Jesus’ birthday, too!
- October 31 from 5p – 8p Annual Community Halloween Front Yard Party Be sure to check out the related posts below.
In addition, we have been asked to consult, to mentor/coach others, and to speak at conferences, to missions groups, and to churches. This ministry will be a place for us all to learn from one another and dialogue on:
- loving God
- loving your neighbor as yourself
- Christian Community Development
- living on God’s mission for your life where He has called you, and
- equipping others to do the same….discipling others and planting the Gospel.
If you would like to chat with us about any of these services, just give us a shout! We look forward to hearing from you!
Peace, Marti and Louis
To contact us…